17 January, 2013

The Once & Future Blogger

Do you know what irks me now days?

Nothing. It's shocking I know. Well maybe my school's service but that's a whole other issue that irks everybody. That aside, I've been having a irk free 2013. I have no annoying people in my life, reconnected with those I treasure and I've made steps forward in building up the courage to get what I want. I'd like to say that my life is right on track and hope that saying that doesn't jinx anything.

I remember starting this blog couple of months ago when I was studying for my exams and looky here, I'm supposed to be studying for exams again. One semester has seriously gone by so fast and so many things happened that I wanna forget. Of course somethings I wanna ingrain into my memory forever like my first solo trip to Melbourne and my Wisconsin cousins coming to town.

I was talking to someone the other day about job opportunities after I graduate and (taking a line from 50 shades of grey) "my inner goddess" came out and spoke. I don't know where this confident part of me has been hiding all these years. I was like if I can't work in the psychology sector, even temporarily, screw that - I'll fall back on my diploma. It's something I know I'm good, I'm passionate about and I have an awesome resume with awesome companies to back me up.

Again I don't wanna jinx anything but I really do believe that. I've worked for 3 different government agencies and the number 1 hotel in the country. On top of that I've never been fired from a job, I only leave the jobs when I need to recommit to school. Heck yeah I'm an awesome employee.

Ok, boasting session over.

Oh oh! I caught the last, like seriously LAST, episode of Merlin. They ended the series. I'm lost. Merlin was my sole source of entertainment that fed my desire to live in medieval times. I guess now I have Game of Thrones (books not the show) but it's not the same. I fell in love with the bromance between Arthur and Merlin. And I hated Morgana so much but understood why she turned to the dark side. And Uther...oh how I adore Anthony Stewart Head (Buffy fan over here!) but how I loathed his discrimination of magic.

The last episode was perfect. SPOILER I wish we could have seen how Arthur woulda have lived on knowing Merlin had magic but I guess not. Though I kinda wish Morgana's death would have been more dramatic. The evil witch with so much of power was brought down by a blade. A blade made of dragon's breath but a blade nonetheless.

I shall stop boring people  now.

Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment